The road ahead
1.0.3 was the last version on 1.0 series. The question that arises then is, what now?
There won’t be, for now, a Rockbot 2, simply because we do not have any artists to create graphics for bosses, enemies and stages. Also, I’m with little free time lately, you know, I like to play games besides creating them.
That does not mean I will not work on Rockbot anymore neither a new version won’t exist, it will, but it will look a lot like Rockbot 1. I’ve set up a planning for next releases and I want to share it with the community in hope that, while developing it, someone shows up to help with graphics, stage design and other artistic stuff. Here is what is planned:
- Version 1.1:
- reformuled file-structure that use smaller sizes when possible, lowering memory usage. and adding support for all forecast features.
- armor pieces.
- in-game store and bolts usage.
- replace capcom sounds for free ones.
- replace capcom graphics for free ones.
- slippery terrain type.
- ports for OSX, iOS and PS2 CDROM.
- Version 1.2:
- editable intro.
- editable ending.
- simultaneous 2 player support (offline).
- add effect (snow, rain, dark, auto-scrolling) to stage.
- Version 1.3:
- network play (if platform supports it).
- google play support in Android (cloud thophies and save).
Also, I want that with Rockbot 1.1 you are able to create a game almost identical to megaman 1 and with 1.2 games like MM 2 and 3. Rockbot was created to port Megaman 9 to older systems, and this goal is making a comeback 😉